Welcome to 2013. Here are some interesting facts about this new year.
1. 2+0+1+3 = 6 - To numerologists, 6 is a good number. It is a 'loving, caring ... and compassionate number that directs most of its energy to family, community and friends." Since I already spend lots of time with my family, I think I will concentrate on more frequent contact with friends and getting involved in the community somehow.
2. It is the year for wisdom, intelligence and energy as the Chinese celebrate the Year of the Snake. I am scared to death of snakes!
3. The United Nations has declared 2013 the Year of Quinoa. I love this ancient grain. It tastes great, can be eaten warm or cold, and is a high source of protein and fiber. I will definitely be eating more quinoa this year. Check out some interesting recipes here.
4. Emerald Green is the Pantone Colour of the year. Is there any better reason/excuse to go shopping for something new?
5. Expect to see these food trends front and center - Asian food, tea used in cooking and cocktails, noodles, popcorn and vegetables, especially cauliflower. See my post on cauliflower here.
6. Art Deco and the roaring 20's will influence decor and fashion with the remake of The Great Gatsby due out in May.
Just a few thoughts to inspire you for the year ahead.