|1522 Devon Road, Oakville|
Well it's that time of year again. Just around the corner from my house, The Oakville Princess Margaret Lottery House opened to the public this weekend. It is once again a show stopper and I was excited to see that Brian Gluckstein designed this house. ( I have met Brian on several occasions and he is the nicest man and such an amazing designer. I love his style.)
Here's what I love about this year's house.
1. The garage is tucked around the side of the house. As a result, the front entrance is the focal point.
2. It is a perfect house for entertaining with an amazing main hallway connecting the living room to the kitchen through the dining room. I can just picture the cocktail parties!
3. A beautiful frameless window in the kitchen eating area.
4. The relaxed yet still sophisticated main floor family room.
5. A butler's servery between the kitchen and the dining room. This feature is on my dream house 'bucket list'. Click here to see the floor plans. There is even a glass floor to see the gorgeous wine cellar below.
I also love the paint colours through out - varying shades of soft greys including Benjamin Moore Grey Owl OC-52 ( the colour of my bedroom), the upstairs hallway - stunning, the artwork - dramatic and the draperies - sumptuous.
Click here for the full virtual tour and then hurry over to visit the house in person. It is hard to take everything in so I will be making many trips to check out all of the details. Maybe I will see you there.
Don't forget to purchase your ticket to be eligible to win and to support the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre.